Is goth music devil music?

Musical Discussions

Moderator: Moderators

Is goth music devil music?

Postby jennifer4232 » Wednesday 28. November 2007, 08:41

many people are always bothering me with that same question, mainly my family and some of my friends.
''IS GOTH MUSIC REALLY DEVIL MUSIC?''
i'm not sure myself, i don't think it is but sometimes if you really listen to the voices and lyrics deeply, it can sound quite evil!
Not that it bothers me much!
Some people judge goths as devil-worshippers, some nasty people have made comments to me about like being a witch and goin to hell! they don't know what they're talking about anyway....
But can any goth honestly say they worship satan?
jennifer4232

Postby NorthSeaStorm » Monday 16. August 2010, 22:05

Nothing compares to satanism expect the satanic people themselves.

As a musician I often have to think about the right marketing. - That´s the reason for satan-style in Metal or Gothic scene.

Evil lyrics or long haired, half-naked guitarists or vocalists is selling much better to "evil" or "dark" audience.

Even if satanism is not their real religion, way of life or whatever, the Band could write lyrics about the devil or some demons just to sell the band.

If the band is scandalous enough, the audience is promoting them to their friends - Just like: "Hey Dude, did you hear about "INSERT BAND NAME", they are fu**in` evil."

And that´s everything.
But of course there are some people who are interested in Satan or something like that.
NorthSeaStorm

Re: Is goth music devil music?

Postby LilithAstaroth » Saturday 14. May 2011, 05:13

Well... it is a selling point after all... some bands use that angle just to get attention. But according to any older people... all rock n roll is Devil's music!! ;)
LilithAstaroth

Return to Music