The greatest vampire movie of all time!

Discussions about your favourite movies

Moderator: Moderators

The greatest vampire movie of all time!

Postby aquarianchris » Thursday 12. August 2004, 00:52

I noticed that nobody had posted a topic in this particular forum, so I thought I would be the first. Basically, I was wondering whether anyone has any thoughts on what the greatest vampire movie of all time is. There have been so many different takes on the theme that I am sure the question will be a point of considerable contention among the connoisseurs, but it should at least give you something to think about. Do you like your vampires brutal and wicked (ala the undead inhabitants of the bar in From Dusk to Dawn) or sensuous and thoughtful (as in Interview with the Vampire)? I offer no opinion myself. I merely throw the question out to the masses and invite you all to respond.

:stern:
aquarianchris

Postby Alexi » Thursday 12. August 2004, 09:10

I think that Dracula by Bram Stoker id one of the best ever made film that speaks about vampire especially the life of Vlad III the real Vampire Dracula. :dracul:
Also Interview with the vampire is a great one.
I don't like things as Underworld or Van helsing....I can't really stand it....or the most stupid one is the queen of the damned...what a shit! :kotz:
Alexi

Postby Satyr » Thursday 12. August 2004, 10:47

I loved Underworld, pretty Selene! :sweet
Gothic Model Gallery
Administrator & Owner

:camera:
Satyr
Owner of Gothicmodels.net
Owner of Gothicmodels.net

Postby Alexi » Thursday 12. August 2004, 12:41

I agree satyr....selene is cool...I also loved the character of Lucius the Lycans boss....but the story didn't really catch me.... :schlaf:
Alexi

Postby Cute_Vampiress » Monday 16. August 2004, 00:06

mmmmm vampires.....I agree with Alexi on those movies they are awesome...I also agree with him about the shitty Queen of the damned....how cheap is that... I love movies...but don't watch many anymore due to other things I do now...I still watch the odd one... :)
Cute_Vampiress

Postby Phellan » Tuesday 17. August 2004, 07:29

I woul dhave to say I did like John Carpenters Vampires. . . other then that I do like Interview with the Vampire, though the books are considerably better soo. . . I dunno. Can't think of many but a few older ones from the late-70's and early 80's :P Which weren't that good. . .but interesting.
Phellan

Postby Cute_Vampiress » Tuesday 17. August 2004, 08:47

I love vampire movies...their so....mmm *feels the need to bite* excellent I like alot of movies... I like sitting at home and just watching a good horror or vampire movie :) anyhow I'll stop blabbing LOL...I just love talking LMAO anyhow I think you's are all cool people and would love to get to know more about you all...maybe I'll have to start a new thread :P
Cute_Vampiress

Postby Alexi » Thursday 19. August 2004, 11:05

...mmh...maybe in your house there's someone going around with two holes in the neck! :dracul:
Ok just kidding!
Well a vampire movie to be great doesn't have to be a special effects party...the important part is atmosphere...the carachters,the dialogs,you know the great sentences we heard from Dracula in Bram Stoker's movie.
Alexi

Postby aquarianchris » Saturday 21. August 2004, 03:35

I would agree that Bram Stoker's Dracula is up there with the best of them, but it does have its weaknesses. Such as Keanu Reeves' somewhat dubious attempt at an English accent. Having said that, it is visually stunning and simply brimming over with gothic atmosphere. What is especially good is the way the imagery lingers in your mind long after the movie is over. As for Gary Oldman, what can I say? He really is in a league of his own when it comes to his portrayal of the count. Nobody else has come closer to capturing the character as he is described in the original novel. Christopher Lee did a reasonable job with the sexual magnetism, but doesn't come across as someone who has been wandering the earth for centuries, and as for Richard Roxburgh in Van Helsing, does that guy's version suck or what (no punn intended)?
aquarianchris

Postby InfantMinotaur » Sunday 1. May 2005, 20:15

I defeninetly agree with you guys on all of the good blood sucking Vampire movies, now Dracula was awesome especially the music, evesinse I started listening the soundtrack it made me think a little bit more about the movies that we see today, huhmm their okay but not the greatest, always at the begining of the movie it makes think about the end of the movie how is it going to finish but then at the end we see somethings that was way off of what the audience was thinking and wanted to see, well something really cool. So then we say never mind this was not a good movie to see. So all I'm saying is that todays Vampire movies really suck and I mean big time. To much technology. The only part I liked from Van Helsing the movie is when Van Hellsing and Dracula were fighting now that was awesome, to me.
I hope directors come out with better Vampire movies, from now on.
InfantMinotaur

Postby Tear_obscura » Tuesday 10. May 2005, 15:53

I think it is John Carpenters Vampires,the first and the second one.

I don't link Bram Stoker's work as they are based only on old believes and common nonsense belives on vampires.
"I´m shining from the light
I always loved the night
And now you offer me eternal
darkness..."

Kisses,
Kla
Tear_obscura

Postby blood.rose » Thursday 16. June 2005, 15:07

well to say i love any vampire movies wether its queen of the damned, interview with the vampirs, underworld or even van helsing.. but there are a lot of crappy ones like dead and loving it. i know its supposed to be funny but i still dont like it.
blood.rose

Postby InfantMinotaur » Thursday 16. June 2005, 18:55

yes that's is true.
I am an ancient, and yet I am a child. I know many things, and yet I remain ignorant. I am a mystery, yet I am an open book to those who are willing to study and translate the text. I am a contradiction unto myself..... Share with me your dreams, your loves, hurts, fears.......your souls if you wish.... I promise to take care of them......
InfantMinotaur

Postby |enchantress| » Wednesday 9. November 2005, 20:31

@Alexi Hey dude that stuff with Vlad Tepes beeing a vampire it's crap...It's all wild imagination of people.Not romanian people, foreigners.Same thing about Dracula by Bram Stoker. No offense just my oppinion. My type of vampire is the one from Anne Rice's novels. Lestat, Louis...Very attractive and sensuos.I guess you all saw Interview with a Vampire. Queen of the damned is a good book but the film is shitty, the actors are shitty too.
Wracked with your charm
I am circled like prey
Back in the forest
Where whispers persuade
More sugar trails
More white lady laid
Than pillars of salt

Moi et Lestat dans le Theatre des Vampires...
|enchantress|

Postby SuccubusGoth » Thursday 10. November 2005, 04:16

I think Underworld was the best. But that's me. I did not like Van Helsing. Too much crappy lore in it.
SuccubusGoth

Next

Return to Movies